Before you pack up a pile of books and appliances into cardboard boxes, you may wonder whether you should move everything yourself or hire a moving company nearby. It’d be nice to sit back while a team of movers does all the heavy lifting. Movers Near Me will be there fore you and provide you with a . The average cost for a local move typically ranges anywhere from $500 for a one-bedroom apartment to $2,400 for a four-bedroom house. Keep in mind, that range is based on the cost to hire a moving company for a local, short-distance move. If you’re doing a long-distance or out-of-state move, the price range goes up. Use our moving calculator.
HOW MOVING COSTS ARE CALCULATED
Since there are so many different factors to consider, we’ve laid out the common types of moving costs so you can fin
- Whether you are using a van line, independent mover or broker
- Distance you are moving
- Amount of items being moved
- Access and proximity of truck parking in relation to your home
- Additional services needed – storage, packing, etc
- Date you are moving
How Much Does It Cost to HIRE MOVERS NEAR ME?
MOVERS NEAR ME ™ starts moving fees at $99/hour and can go all the way to $300/hour – this is dependent on the numbers of crew members, trucks, date, and sheer amount of belongings you have and the access of your residences.
LOCAL MOVING COSTS
What’s the cost if you’re moving to a new town in your current state? Well, local movers usually charge an hourly rate. So, if you’re moving under 100 miles within the same state, you’ll pay an average hourly rate of $120 to $200. For a clearer idea of how much you might have to pay, here are the average costs to hire local movers based on a variety of home sizes and the time it takes to move each one:
- One-bedroom apartment: 3 to 5 hours, $600 to $800
- Two-bedroom apartment: 5 to 7 hours, $500 to $900
- Three-bedroom house: 7 to 10 hours, $900 to $1,200
- Four-bedroom house: 10 hours or more, $1200 to $2,400
Local movers usually charge an hourly rate. So, if you’re moving under 100 miles within the same state, you’ll pay an average hourly rate of $120 to $150.
LONG DISTANCE MOVING COSTS
Okay, now let’s see what costs look like if you’re moving beyond 100 mile which is termed a “long distance move.” Long-distance moves with a moving company usually cost $2,000 to $5,000 per load.The distance of your move isn’t the only thing that will cause a significant change in price. Movers might charge extra to move unique items like pianos. The distance of your move isn’t the only thing that will cause a significant change in price. Long distance movers might charge extra to move unique items like pianos.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Full-Service Moving Company?
Too busy to pack? Wondering what it feels like to have a team of helpers come to your house and pack everything for you? Well, brace yourself, this is the most expensive way to move. If you’re moving a three-bedroom house, the average cost of a full-service moving company ranges from $900 to $10,000. But full-service movers go beyond loading, transporting and unloading. They also pack and unpack all your boxes, disassemble and reassemble large furniture, and even handle cleanup—saving you an enormous amount of time and effort.
AVERAGE MOVING COSTS
The price of a long distance mover is dependent on several factors, including:
- QUALITY OF MOVER – full time labor, same driver throughout, no swapping shipments
- Distance between origin and destination
- Weight of your belongings
- Move-out and move-in dates
- Additional services
Movers Near Me will assist you with the entire moving experience. Most
professional moving companies offer services beyond loading and unloading the truck. The
amount of time, effort, and stress you save may be worth the expense of adding these services.
While collecting estimates from professional movers for your upcoming move, take note of what is included with the price you receive. For example, the quote for Movers Near Me long distance moves include:
- Coordination of entire move process by a personal Move Coordinator
- Loading, transport and unloading of your belongings
- Placing furniture where you want
- Disassembly and reassembly of standard beds
- Moving appliances
- Once you have an idea of what you would like included in your professional move, be sure to
get a quote for the costs involved. As America’s #1 Moving Company – MOVERS NEAR ME can help you with any moving quote.
AVERAGE MOVING AND STORAGE NEAR ME COSTS
The average local move costs $1100 and the average out of state move costs $5200. These prices are dependent on many factors like:
TYPICAL MOVING COSTS FOR MOVERS NEAR ME
- Cost to Rent a Moving Truck
- $300-600 (small truck, local move) to $3,000 (large truck, long-distance move) + gas ranging from $70-$1200. Other misc. charges include coverage on your moving truck which is usually about $50/day.
- Cost to Hire a Moving Company
- Short-Distance: $120 to $150 per hour
- Long-Distance: $2,000 to $5,000 per load
- Cost to Hire a Full-Service Moving Company
- $900 (local move) to $10,000 (cross-country move)
- Cost to Rent a Moving Container
- $550 (small container, local move) to $7,500 (large container, cross-country move)